So, a week and a day ago (11th) I turned 23.. Can I get a whoop-whoop? Nah… Don’t want a whoop-whoop sef… Old people don’t do whoop-whoops, that’s how backs get broken. And that’s really how i felt pre-birthday… Like a dinosaur. You’d have thought I was turning 52. Started thinking about jobs and marriage and all those grown up shit that are marked by wrinkles… Ugh!! I hate growing up. Or maybe it’s just the mentality over here because 23 isn’t old at all. Yes some of my mates are married, but if anybody proposed to me right now, i will not be shocked and start weeping my acceptance, no.
I. WILL. RUN. AWAY.
who is marrying who? at my young age? Free a nigga oh!!
Pssh! Anyways, I want to share with you a couple of things I want to do/ have etc. before I turned 25. And no, don’t expect anything crazy. These are sane things. Not one of those smoke weed, get drunk, First hangover kind of things… Nah!! THIS IS REAL!!!
25 THINGS TO DO BEFORE I TURN 25
1. Learn how to sew with a sewing machine…. Of course i can hand sew. What do you take me for? A guy.
2. Go to a zoo.this is in another state entirely, so it’s way more than slip on jeans and cross the road. This is a project.
3. Stay in another state FAR from home for about a week … i’m thinking Calabar in Cross-River, during their carnival maybe… Just immersion in a totally different culture
4. Play basketball. this one will definitely be a memorable day. I weep.
5. Lose 3-5 kilos. #fitfam
6. Get abs/ a flat tummy. REAL!!
7. Get my hair grown to bra-strap length.
8. Go swimming in a 2-piece have to celebrate the new gorgeous body
9. Drive to the Island on my own. been as I haven’t even presently driven out of the compound of my parents’ home….
10. Have an account specifically for savings. At 25, it mustn’t be below fifty thousand Naira.
11. Buy something ridiculously expensive got my eyes on the Nokia tab. See how it followed the savings bit? Because as much as you save, the money IS for spending. Its not to be there, purposelessly inflating so you can feel rich.., be ready to spend, don’t be a stingy hoarder.
12. Plan to have a proper birthday party to celebrate the 25th year… I’ve never really had one planned out
13. Read and digest at least 4 christian books a month.
14. Long nails!! i chew my nails. I haven’t in the past month, but well…
15. Jog weekly. not gonna turn into one of those people that wait till they’re over-weight to start exercising. Amen?
16. Visit important sites in Nigeria all them Olumo rock, Aso rock, even the national theatre which i HAVE been to but I was too young to remember much.
17. Volunteer at an orphanage.
18. Have “Taiwo Take Out” days just me, my thoughts, my school bag, a messy outfit, papers and a biro … Like a me-date. if i don’t date myself, who will???
19. Keep blogging. it has been good for me psychologically and mentally. Every personal post has relieved my soul… So why not?
20. Grow a plant. i’m gonna own a puppy in some years. Think of this like a training for that pet.
21. Take more pictures. Doesn’t have to be of me. Doesn’t have to be pretty. Just make memories.
22. Know and recognize circumstantial (momentary) and “forever” friends. not forever like FOREVEEEEEEEER, but the ones that are in and out of season and the ones that are just for the moment AND treat accordingly.
23. Keep a journal … of your spendings, to-dos versus done, books read, weight loss, hair growth, WHATEVER!!! Just keep a journal.
24.establish a personal morning routine (thank God, read, anything) i’m not much of a morning person, this will reduce purposelessly rolling from corner to corner of my bed and make a vision board.
25. Have date nights with God every week i donno what this will entail yet… But i read about it on some lady’s blog and it makes all the sense in the world. #WeInvestigate
I think that’s about it… Anymore and that title will have to go… Any other thing y’all think should be there??